Best eCommerce Website Optimization Step to Boost Sales and Ranking.
The eCommerce business and other related ventures are the booming sectors which are not facing any stoppable force currently. Even surveys show that they are yet to expand to the fullest.
So, there will be more investments in the manufacturing and retail business. Online shops will soon dominate the online world such as social media platforms, website marketing, and even mobile app developing.
Competition is becoming even more ruthless. The survival rate is slim. Without enough knowledge, it’s easy to drown in a sea of emerging businesses.
Knowledge is the power which gives the skill set to survive. One cannot formulate effective strategies without learning the fundamentals. In eCommerce Website optimization, for example, your efforts can quickly go in vain if you don’t know what you are doing.
It’s not enough to create high-value contents if you don’t know how to increase your presence and engagement. It’s not enough to develop effective social media ads if you don’t know how to boost your website retention.
Every aspect of online marketing should be carefully looked at to achieve the best results. However, it’s hard to do that without being equipped with the right knowledge and skills.
eCommerce business involves a lot of money. There are plenty of factors that should be considered in order to succeed. One of which is the creation of a good website. But it doesn’t stop there.
It doesn’t need more proof. That you are in dire need of developing ways to overcome your competition in the eCommerce Sector.
Here’s a forecast based on the unstoppable trend happening in the eCommerce industry. With each passing day, trend and technologies are advancing so prepare yourself for the future with the latest and best ways of performing SEO for an eCommerce Website
Let’s check some of the most effective SEO tricks to improve sales and ranking of an eCommerce Website:
1. Brainstorm for Key Phrases.
Don’t waste your time and effort in creating a lot of content. What you should be doing is creating targeted contents about specific subjects. The best way to this is through the use of keyword research.
There are several disadvantages of writing contents with a similar subject, terms, or topic. Google might get confused – literally. When search engines crawl your website, they catalog your contents and index them based on the subject they talk about.
Copies with similar topics tend to compete with each other even if they belong to the same website. The result is unfavorable for your SEO ranking, of course.
Google analyzes your website contents based on the words and phrases you use. It uses this information to determine your SEO ranking. Knowing what particular words or phrase most people use in searching queries is an advantage for every website.
Keyword research allows you to get insights about the most popular searches in a particular niche or subject. This will, in turn, give you the opportunity to write about topics that really matter, and not just “relevant.”
Pro Tip: Invest a significant amount of time in learning technical tools such as Google Analytics to assess your keyword usage. Take your time to study and research for the right keywords before actually writing about a particular topic.
2. Implement On-page Optimization.
Among all SEO practices, this one is a bit easy to perform. It’s a process to understand the functioning of your site. It can all be achieved within the parameters of your website.
- URL – Your niche’s keyword should be included in your URL. It may seem unimportant, but it can actually boost your search ranking quite significantly. As an example: If your website is about selling goods and products. Then URL like “yourwebsite.com/product/product-name/ can actually help Google plus the user understand what they are looking at.
- Title – Creativity is rarely used in titles. The goal of putting a title in your contents is to convey what it’s all about clearly. What specific category does it belong? Your title should be able to answer this question using just a couple of words. Plus, the keyword should be present.
- Headings – Have you heard about the F-structure? It turns out visitors have a specific pattern of scanning websites. They start from the top to look for the title and key information. Then, they proceed to scan for bullet points and numerals. The last part their eyes will graze are on the heading. In short, the heading is useful to help your audience to scan your copies easily. It also gives your contents a comprehensive structure.
- Image Alt Tags – Help search engines recognize the visual contents you put inside your website. Alt tags will signal the Google spiders what the image is all about. Which gives it higher chances of being indexed and cataloged.
- Image titles – Use relevant keywords in your image titles. Although image titles are not included in the SEO evaluation, this element still adds to the overall user experience as it allows the viewers to know the main idea of the image.
- Meta description – It’s your first line of defense. Meta description can spice up your copies and website reputation – even before the visitor enters your website. It is a teaser or hint about the contents you will offer inside your site.
3. Analyze your website contents.
Content is the lifeblood of every website. It ranges from copies, visuals contents, and all the things that come in between.
There are a lot of reasons why people search and visit websites. Most of them are looking for valuable information, to study or copy-paste some mysterious conspiracy theory. Other are looking for entertainment, read some blogs or watch a cat sing like a human.
But a large number of the audience use the internet to search for products or services online. Ecommerce companies capitalize on good content when it comes to their websites, whether it’s a copy or review about products or an unboxing video linked to their site.
Content plays a vital role in building a brand, broaden the reach, and increases conversion rates. Therefore, content quality should always be audited or checked, not just in relevance or context, but also in structure and readability.
Keep it simple. Copies should always cater to the masses. As much as possible, use layman’s terms and ordinary words. Not all your audience is tech-savvy or experts in a particular niche. Short sentences should suffice, and bite-size information is much more desirable than highfalutin words.
4. Organize your site structure to be simple.
Don’t make them do hard labor. Even the slightest problem in navigation can make visitors bounce to another website.
The key is to keep everything simple. Give them clear hints about where to click. Buttons should be visible enough. You can even funnel them into the most important parts of your website.
5. Improve your Product Page.
This is where the money comes from.
Harry’s product page
So, be careful with your design on the product page. You can use different kinds of elements on the product page such as the color scheming, easier navigation, call-to-actions, advanced features, and functionalities. The goal is to make the process as smooth as possible.
6. Detailed Descriptions of Products.
Be as descriptive and detailed as possible.
No one wants to buy a product that looks suspicious. If you’re going to sell, then you have to build trust and confidence among your customers. The best way to do so is by writing a detailed product description, honest reviews from customers, and buyer’s guide.
7. Improve your Website Speed
It goes without saying. Speed matters – a lot!
In a sea of rampaging competitors, you can easily be left out. No matter how beautiful your site may look, a slow loading speed can still ruin everything. Bottom line: You have to improve your site’s speed to get better ranking and conversion rate.
8. Mobile Friendly eCommerce Site.
Have you heard? Mobile is the key to success.
Apparently, Smartphones are taking over the world. They are conquering the eCommerce industry too. More and more people are ordering products through mobile apps or mobile web solutions. Your website should be more friendly. Check out the ways to Perform Mobile SEO so that your Website can perform even better on Websites. Otherwise, you can kiss your business goodbye.
Increasing your sales is one of the major reasons why SEO is needed, especially in the eCommerce industry.
Further, these are just of the most effective SEO tips, but always keep in mind that countless factors affect SEO rankings.
It might be daunting at first. But when you pay due diligence in every step the way, you can surely get things done right.